The world is changing. Paper cheques are being replaced by more efficient electronic payment systems. Telpay Incorporated first introduced electronic payments to Canadians in 1985. Today, Telpay’s electronic payment systems are helping businesses replace cheques with more efficient electronic payment solutions. With your help, we can do more.
Are you known for your exceptional customer service skills? How about being solutions-oriented, organized and a team player? You’ve come to the right place. As a leader in the electronic payment industry, Telpay offers qualified individuals the opportunity to be recognized in a creative, fast-paced industry.
What Telpay offers:
- Competitive base salary and benefits.
- Great company culture – we understand the importance of enjoying your time at work; therefore, we carefully foster an environment of fun and teamwork every day.
- A leader in the industry.
- Commitment to your career – our commitment to personal growth and continual learning are part of our core values.
- Ready to help change the world of electronic payments?
We are always in search of talented, driven and overall awesome individuals who want to make a positive and meaningful impact in the world of electronic payments. If you don’t see an open position in your field of expertise, please don’t hesitate to introduce yourself by connecting with us.
Telpay Incorporated is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant on a one-year term position. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide accounting support to the Trust department, including oversight and management of the Trust accounting ledger. The Trust team is responsible for a wide variety of roles including the management and administration of Telpay’s trust accounts. Reporting to the Corporate Accountant, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ensure the Trust ledger is accurate and balanced and all Trust accounts are reconciled daily with any outstanding items followed up on a timely basis.
- Creation and daily review of Trust department risk reports to ensure compliance with all Trust policies and risk mitigation
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Trust department processes in order to identify risks and develop appropriate controls
- Safeguarding Telpay’s Trust accounts by ensuring Trust fund Management Policies (TFMP) are adhered to by all departments.
- Work directly with customer service and sales teams to ensure the onboarding of new clients to the business are consistent with Telpay’s onboarding policies.
- Ensure day to day activities adhere to Telpay’s Trust Policies and Audit Requirements
- Coordination of quarterly Trust Audits
- Other duties as assigned to support the Trust department.
- 3+ years experience.
- Business Degree and completion of an accounting program (CPA) or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel who is familiar with working with databases.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Well-developed communication skills and able to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgment while fulfilling the role.
- AML and compliance experience an asset.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter along with salary expectations
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.