Many businesses prefer to offer their customers a pre-authorized payment option rather than costly credit cards or manual cheques. Pre-authorized payments will improve cash flow and your ability to collect receivables. With Telpay for Business, you can collect monthly recurring payments such as subscriptions, fees, dues or donations from your customers for as little as 15 cents per payment.
Robust. Secure. Experienced.
- Collect from any bank account in Canada.
- Import from any system, securely stores bank account details.
- Single/dual payment authorization.
- Expert staff trained to help you get your PAD program started.
How does it work?
Sign Up Customers for PADs
To debit your customer's account, your business must have authorization from the account holder as per Payments Canada's Rule H1 requirements. Prepare and send your customer a PAD Agreement for their review, approval, and signature. After approval, you will need to send a confirmation of the terms of the PAD Agreement to your customer before the first debit.
Set Up Debit Info
Enter the banking details and amount of withdrawal for each customer you are debiting. Then identify your debit date and transmit information to Telpay.
Telpay will retrieve payments and deposit them as a single lump sum into your bank account 4 business days after your debit date. Debits returned to Telpay for any reason will be charged back to your back account upon receipt; service fee will apply.
Need Help? Let's Connect.
- Call us at 1-800-665-0302 to determine if Pre-Authorized Debits is the solution for your business.
- Learn more about electronic payment solutions by scheduling a Telpay for Business webinar with a Telpay representative.
- Complete Online Form and a representative will respond within 1 business day.